Maya Millete
May “Maya” Millete. Photo via @HelpFindMay Facebook

Investigators Thursday conducted a third search of the home of a Chula Vista mother of three who disappeared six months ago.

Detectives served a search warrant at May “Maya” Millete’s residence “to obtain additional evidence and clues to her current whereabouts,” Chula Vista police Lt. Dan Peak said.

Peak provided no further information about what prompted the action or any findings it might have revealed about what has become of Millete. She was reported missing Jan. 10, three days her last known sighting.

Police searched Millete’s Paseo Los Gatos house two weeks after her disappearance and again in early May.

They also have executed about four dozen other warrants allowing them to seek evidence in various residences and vehicles and from cellular and electronic devices. Other targets include financial records, social-media accounts and more online data, according to Peak.

Additionally, police have reviewed about 100 contacts from the public regarding the missing woman’s possible whereabouts and potential reasons for disappearance.

“These tips have come from the local community and from around the country,” Peak said. “Most recent tips continue to include possible sightings of May in different areas of California.”

Police, assisted by community volunteers, also have conducted searches in the area of 500 Hunte Parkway, south of Sweetwater Reservoir in the eastern reaches of Chula Vista. In May, officers served Millete’s husband, Larry, with a gun-violence restraining order.

CVPD officials have declined to reveal if any progress has been made in the case.

Aiding in the investigation is a multi-agency “working group” that includes personnel with the FBI, the San Diego County District Attorney’s Office and the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.

The group has “the primary goal of bringing May home to her family or bringing justice to May’s family regarding her disappearance,” according to the CVPD.

Larry Millete has largely declined to address the news media about the case, though he did speak briefly to 10News San Diego by phone a few days after his wife was reported missing.

During the roughly 10-minute interview, he acknowledged that his marriage had been troubled for about a year, stated that he had no idea where his spouse was, expressed hope that she had simply gone away temporarily for some “alone time” and described himself as “really worried and shaken” by her disappearance.

On May 1, Millete’s loved ones celebrated her 40th birthday without her.