Lane closures on both sides of Interstate 8 at state Route 67 in El Cajon will continue Monday through Thursday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., Caltrans announced.
At least one lane will remain open in each direction to keep traffic moving during the bridge-repair project. Closures are expected to extend to November 21-23.
In addition, night-time closures will continue on northbound and southbound SR-67 and Magnolia Avenue Wednesday through Thursday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
The Mollison Avenue on-ramp to westbound I-8 and the northbound and southbound SR-67/Magnolia on- and off-ramps at I-8 also will be closed Monday through Thursday during those hours.
Those closures also are expected to continue from Nov. 21-23.
Planned detours include:
- to northbound SR-67/Magnolia – Take SR-67 north to I-8 east, exit to Second Street north, to I-8 west to SR-67 north.
- to southbound SR-67/Magnolia – Take SR-67 south to I-8 west, to Main Street east to I-8 east, exit onto southbound SR-67/Magnolia.
- Closed Mollison on-ramp to westbound I-8 – go north on Mollison to Broadway west to westbound I-8.
- Closed I-8 west off-ramp to southbound Magnolia – take I-8 west to Main east to Magnolia.
- Closed SR-67/Magnolia north on-ramp to westbound I-8 – take SR-67 north to Bradley Avenue west, to reach SR-67 south to I-8 west.
- Closed I-8 east off-ramp to southbound Magnolia – take SR-125 north to state Route 52 east to SR-67/Magnolia, or SR-67 north, exiting to Bradley east to Mollison south, to Madison Avenue west to Magnolia.