Here is a list of the major developments in the coronavirus epidemic facing San Diego County, updated at 2:50 p.m. on Saturday.
• There have been 1,209 cases of coronavirus disease and 19 deaths among San Diego County residents as of Saturday afternoon.
• Across California there have been 12,026 confirmed cases and 276 deaths as of Saturday afternoon.
• District Attorney Summer Stephan warned San Diegans to watch for price gouging and scams amid the coronavirus pandemic as cases grew by 97 to 1,209 and there was one more death.
• Citations were issued to 22 people found near the beach in Encinitas in violation of San Diego County’s stay-at-home order.
• Gov. Gavin Newsom announced that UC San Diego and UC Davis are partnering with the state of California to help increase the number of coronavirus tests.
• The global pandemic notwithstanding, most Californians are still on the hook to pay their property taxes on April 10, though San Diego and other counties may waive late fees and penalties in some cases.
• People on the frontlines of the war against COVID-19 will have access to state-subsidized childcare programs under an executive order signed Saturday by Gov. Gavin Newsom.
• Four employees of the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department and an inmate in a local jail have tested positive for COVID-19.
• In a continuing series about how prominent San Diegans are coping with the pandemic, Times of San Diego interviews Constance Carroll, chancellor of the San Diego Community College District.
• The San Diego hotel industry is showing its love and solidarity with giant displays of hearts and the word love through patterns made of selective rooms with lamps.
• City Attorney Mara Elliott writes that protecting victims of domestic violence remains a top priority for her office amid the stay-at-home order.
• The Kia Classic, San Diego’s stop on the LPGA Tour, has been rescheduled for Sept. 24-27.
If your organization has relevant news to add to this daily list, please send to email@example.com.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: