A San Diego Fire-Rescue engine. Courtesy of the department

A space heater situated too close to a curtain sparked an Otay Mesa-area condominium fire that displaced two people Monday.

The non-injury blaze in the 3100 block of Caminito Quixote erupted about 9:30 a.m., according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

The residents of the home were able to safely vacate prior to the arrival of emergency crews, the city agency reported. Firefighters had the flames under control in just under 10 minutes.

— City News Service

Show comments