Two men were critically burned when a makeshift stove exploded at a Chula Vista church Saturday.
The Chula Vista Police Department said the men tried to ignite the stove with lighter fluid which caused the explosion at Calvary Chapel in the 1700 block of East Palomar Street, around 3 p.m.
When fire crews arrived the fire already was extinguished, the Chula Vista Fire Department said. It checked the building for safety reasons.
Both men were taken to UCSD Medical Center, officials said.
— City News Service
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: