In a news release Friday, the group said its goal is to “raise the national and international profile of San Diego craft beer.”
The group’s other aims, according to the release, are to seek aid from policy makers, increase brand awareness of the industry’s local products, and strengthen economic development opportunities.
The group’s founding partners are:
- Tiffany Bromfield, the association’s spokeswoman;
- David Lizerbram, attorney, David Lizerbram & Associates;
- Omar Passons, senior counsel, Stutz Artiano Shinoff & Holtz, APC.;
- Tim Stahl, photographer and owner, Stahl Photographics;
- Vince Vasquez, senior policy analyst with the National University System Institute for Policy Research;
- Dr. Gonzalo Quintero, Ed.D., professor of marketing with the San Diego State University Business of Craft Beer Certificate Program.
“San Diego craft brewers have earned a strong reputation for producing high-quality, award-winning beers,” Bromfield said in the news release. “CBA-SD is eager to work with local brewers, civic leaders and existing trade associations to achieve greater global recognition of San Diego craft beer.”
More information about the industry group can be found via its new Twitter account, @drinksdbeer.
San Diego is not alone in its marketing efforts on the craft beer front. San Antonio is making a push as well. And the nation is watching – here’s a list of the top 15 craft brewers in the U.S., featuring Escondido’s and San Diego’s Stone Brewing Co.