As the San Diego Chargers approach their March 23 deadline on whether they will move in with the Los Angeles Rams in Inglewood in 2016, contrasting media reports have surfaced regarding how the talks have been going.
Early Monday, XTRA Sports 1360 reported that talks between the two teams had stalled.
High ranking Rams official says talks have stalled for a Chargers move to LA in 2016…most likely the Chargers staying in SD in 2016
— Steve Hartman (@cannonhartman) January 25, 2016
Then the Los Angeles Daily News reported shortly after that the talks hadn’t stalled, but rather the Chargers took last week to look over a potential deal and that talks may begin to heat up in the next few days.
Lastly, San Diego Union Tribune sports columnist Kevin Acee reported that the teams are indeed still in talks, but that doesn’t mean the Chargers will for sure head to Inglewood for 2016.
Told earlier today Rams-Chargers talks “ongoing.” Maybe “days” b4 deal reached. Doesn’t automatically mean Chargers won’t be in SD in 2016.
— UTKevinAcee (@UTKevinAcee) January 26, 2016
As mentioned earlier, the Chargers have until March 23 to decide if they will play in Inglewood in 2016 and until February 2017 to decide whether they will move there at all.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: