With the March primary less than three months away, San Diego’s leading business group has already weighed in with nine endorsements, including key races in the city.
The San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce‘s endorsements to date include:
- Assemblyman Todd Gloria for Mayor of San Diego
- Rep. Scott Peters for re-election in the 52nd Congressional District
- California Senate President Pro Tem Toni Atkins for re-election in the 39th District
- City policy analyst Chris Olsen for San Diego City Council District 3
- Lawyer and former ethics commissioner Joe Leventhal for San Diego City Council District 5
- Restaurant entrepreneur and community activist Noli Zosa for San Diego City Council District 7
- Yes on “Yes! For A Better San Diego,” a hotel tax increase to fund the convention center, homeless programs and street repairs
- No on Measure A, the “Save Our San Diego Countryside” initiative that would require a countywide vote on any rural housing development adding 6 units more than allowed by current zoning
- Yes on “Better Choice” to permit the Newland Sierra housing development near Escondido
The chamber plans additional endorsements as the March 3 primary nears.
The organization is the largest chamber on the West Coast, representing approximately 2,500 businesses that account for an estimated 300,000 jobs.