Here is a list of the major developments in the coronavirus epidemic facing San Diego County, updated at 10:15 p.m. on Monday, May 25
• There have been 6,797 cases and 249 deaths among San Diego County residents as of Monday afternoon.
• Across California there have been 94,558 cases and 3,795 deaths as of Monday afternoon.
• Across the United States, there have been 1,662,375 cases and 98,218 deaths as of Monday afternoon, according to Johns Hopkins University.
• The San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency reported 96 new cases of the novel coronavirus, but no additional deaths from the disease.
• Gov. Gavin Newsom issued guidance to churches and other houses of worship in California on how they can safely reopen amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
• Coronavirus has changed much about how Memorial Day was observed this year. But civic and military leaders at morning ceremonies asserted that the city’s devotion to fallen military members is unwavering.
• Barona Resort and Casino announced its re-opening plan, which welcomes patrons back to the casino on Wednesday after a two- month closure due to the coronavirus pandemic.
• The COVID-19 pandemic is an especially difficult time for homeless families in San Diego because most government programs are focused on individuals.
• If you need a drink during the lockdown, six San Diego restaurants and bars shared some of their most popular cocktail recipes.
If your organization has relevant news to add to this daily list, please send to email@example.com.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: