California is the sixth least dependent state on the gun industry, a study by personal finance website WalletHub revealed Monday.
To determine which states depend most on the arms and ammunitions industry both directly for jobs and political contributions and indirectly through firearm ownership, WalletHub’s analysts compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across eight key metrics. The website said it conducted the analysis in light of President Barack Obama’s executive orders on gun control.
- Here’s how California ranked in different areas(1=Most Dependent):
- 40th – Number of Firearms-Industry Jobs per Capita
- 37th – Total Firearms Industry Output per Capita
- 22nd – Total Taxes Paid by the Firearms Industry per Capita
- 43rd – Gun Ownership
- 42nd – NICS Background Checks per Capita
- 44th – Gun-Control Contributions to Congressional Members per Capita
- 39th – Gun-Rights Contributions to Congressional Members per Capita
For the full report, go to wallethub.com.