A fire possibly sparked by a candle damaged a Mount Hope duplex Wednesday morning and displaced four residents. Photo via OnScene.TV.

A fire possibly sparked by a candle damaged a Mount Hope duplex Wednesday morning and displaced four residents.

Dispatchers received a call around 10:05 a.m. from a person who reported seeing smoke coming from the front of a duplex in the 600 block of Morrison Street, just north of Market Street, San Diego Fire-Rescue spokesman Alec Phillipp said.

Firefighters arrived to find a small fire in one area of the house and knocked down the flames within 20 minutes, Phillipp said.

No injuries were immediately reported.

The American Red Cross was called to the scene to help the displaced residents, three adults and one child, arrange for temporary shelter.

Investigators believe a candle sparked the blaze, Phillipp said.

Show comments