Santee house fire
Crews work to knock down a house fire in Santee. Photo: OnSceneTV

An electrical problem is being blamed for a house fire in Santee that displaced three people Thursday.

The fire was reported around 2:30 p.m. at 8793 Blue Boy Lane.

When crews arrived, they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the front of the single-family home, according to Santee Fire Department Battalion Chief John Sengebusch.

The blaze burned from the garage into an attic space and was “electrical in nature,” Sengebusch said.

Three adults living in the home were displaced but there were no reports of injuries.

It took firefighters approximately 25 minutes to knock down the blaze.