A teenage boy who died at his home in September accidentally overdosed on ecstasy, according to a county toxicology report, 10News reported Thursday.
Seventeen-year-old Blake Robert Casale of Poway collapsed on Sept. 9 after taking MDMA — also known as ecstasy — which was found in his system, according to a recent San Diego County Medical Examiner’s Office report, 10News reported.
According to the medical examiner’s report, Casale was with friends at his house in the 13000 block of Orchard Gate Road “when he began to act strangely,” 10News reported.
A cold shower did not help Casale, who collapsed. A friend authorities identified as Trevor performed CPR on Casale and called 911, 10News reported.
Despite efforts to revive him, Casale was pronounced dead at 8:40 p.m., the station reported.
—City News Service
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: