Millennials have turned San Diego ZIP code 92104 — the North Park neighborhood — into one of the 10 hottest real estate markets in the United states.
The website focused on individual ZIP codes and ranked them by the average time it takes to sell a home and how many times a property is viewed.
“Homes for sale in this year’s hottest ZIP codes are selling almost as quickly as they hit the market,” said Jonathan Smoke, chief economist for Realtor.com. “While millennials are usually a significant presence in most markets, their sheer size and buying power have made them a force to be reckoned with in these hot ZIP codes and given them the power to shift supply and demand dynamics.”
The top ten ZIP codes also include:
- 76148 — Watauga, a suburb of Fort Worth
- 94523 — Pleasant Hill in Silicon Valley
- 80233 — Northglenn, a Denver suburb
- 80916 — A neighborhood in Colorado Springs
- 78247 — a neighborhood in San Antonio)
- 94954 — Petaluma in San Francisco’s North Bay
- 02176 — Melrose, a Boston suburb
- 63126 — Crestwood, a St. Louis suburb
- 97222 —Milwaukie, a suburb of Portland
Realtor.com said the ten hottest markets were neighborhoods with a a large population of Millennials near strong job markets.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: