The San Diego Sports Association honored several local athletes for their performances this fall, including UC San Diego’s Chris Hansen.
In eight games in November, Hansen averaged 19.1 points and 7.8 rebounds, while shooting 58% overall during the Triton’s 8-0 start.
He also became UC San Diego’s all-time leader in rebounds at the Division II level and received CCAA Player of the Week honors. This is his third association Star of the Month award, with the most recent coming one year ago.
Other honorees include:
- Brandon Heicklen of San Diego State University, who averaged nearly 49 yards per punt. He received Mountain West Player of the Week honors for special teams twice in November.
- Emma Hinson of Point Loma Nazarene University, who as a goalie had three shutouts in November. The team went 4-0 for the month, as she recorded 19 saves.
- Josh Litwiller of CSU San Marcos, who became the campus’ first Division II West Region champion. He runs cross country.
- Anna Newsome of UCSD, had 11 assists as the Tritons’ volleyball team went 7-0 in November.
- Stefen Rasmuson of San Diego Mesa College who finished second in the state championships as his team won the men’s cross country title.
– Staff reports