San Diego’s first major league rugby team now has a TV home. The team announced Friday it has signed a distribution agreement with Cox Communications to air eight matches of the Legion’s inaugural season, starting later this month.
The matches, five live and three re-broadcasts, will air on Cox’s YurView network, available locally on Channel 4 to Cox and Spectrum cable customers. The live matches will be available for streaming on YurView’s streaming services.
YurView will re-broadcast the remaining three games on a tape delay after the games are carried live on CBS Sports Network as the Major League Rugby game of the week.
“We’re excited to be partnering with Cox,” San Diego Legion general manager Matt Hawkins said. “Sharing rugby with more people is a core focus of San Diego Legion.
Major League Rugby launches this year with seven teams, including Austin, Houston, Glendale, Colorado, New Orleans, San Diego, Seattle and Salt Lake City.
San Diego Legion home matches will be played at USD’s Torero Stadium.
Here’s the schedule of matches airing on YurView Channel 4:
- April 22 vs. Seattle Seawolves at 5 p.m.
- April 29 vs. Utah Warriors at 4 p.m.
- May 4 vs. Houston SaberCats, re-broadcast time TBA
- May 13 vs. Glendale Raptors at 5 p.m.
- May 25 vs. Austin Elite, re-broadcast
- June 9 vs. NOLA Gold at 1 p.m.
- June 17 vs. Austin Elite at 5 p.m.
- June 23 vs. Glendale Raptors, re-broadcast
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: