Fans rally outside Qualcomm Stadium before the Citizens’ Stadium Advisory Group forum. Photo by Chris Stone
Fans rally outside Qualcomm Stadium before the Citizens’ Stadium Advisory Group forum. Photo by Chris Stone

JMI—the real estate company that built Petco Park—met with representatives of the stadium task force on Tuesday to discuss a proposed  multi-use stadium plan in downtown, just one day after the “Save the Bolts” rally and public forum.

The company—founded by former Padres owner John Moores—proposed a plan that would put the complex on Tailgate Park and the MTS Bus Yard, which are located next to Petco Park.

JMI developed four football stadium plans last year and the one that matches the description of their current proposal was a joint use stadium/convention complex that would cost $1.4 billion.

This is $400 million less than it would cost to build the complexes separately.

Representing JMI at the meeting were President John Kratzer, Senior Advisor to Moores Steve Peace and attorney Pat Shea.

“Like (Chargers special counsel Mark) Fabiani, they were sharing the research they gathered and presenting it without bias,” said committee chairman Adam Day to U-T San Diego.

Day also told the U-T that the committee will make their decision on a site soon, due to their self imposed deadline of May.

There have also been sub-committees formed to help meet the deadline that include tourism officials, the San Diego Bowl Game Association and organized labor.