All city of San Diego administrative offices will be closed on Monday, Nov. 12 in observance of the Veterans Day holiday.
- Curbside trash, recyclables and yard waste will be collected on a normal schedule this week for customers served by the city’s Environmental Services Department. This schedule is for residents serviced by the city of San Diego only. Residents in other cities should check with their waste hauler for holiday service schedules.
- The city’s Miramar Landfill will be on its normal schedule from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Self-haul customers not allowed after 4 p.m.)
- Chollas Lake will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- San Vicente Reservoir will be open a half-hour before sunrise to sunset.
- Golf courses and starter booths will be open normal hours. Regular weekday rates will apply.
- Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center will be open.
- All skate parks will be open regular hours.
- Parking meters, time restrictions for parking on streets and yellow zones within the city of San Diego will not be enforced. Red, white and blue zones are still enforced every day. Parking rules on Port property and in different cities may vary so please read signage provided.
- San Diego Humane Society (animal control contractor) will be open normal hours.
Specific closures within the city on Monday, Nov. 12:
- All administrative offices
- All libraries
- All city recreation centers
- All city pools
- All public buildings in Balboa Park will be closed including: Balboa Park Activity Center, Botanical Building, Casa del Prado, Municipal Gym and War Memorial Building. Check with other individual museums and attractions for their holiday schedules.
- Tecolote Nature Center
- Open Space and Maintenance Assessment District Offices
- The Testing, Employment Information Center and Background/Fingerprinting offices within the Personnel Department
- The Family Justice Center. Individuals needing help with domestic violence should call 9-1-1 and/or the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-888-385-4657.
- Police and fire emergency crews will not be impacted.
- Station 38 (Citywide emergency dispatch center) will be on duty.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: