Early voting is underway in San Diego County and will continue through next Monday with numerous ballot drop-off sites and in-person voting in Kearny Mesa.
Voters who have completed their mail ballots for the Nov. 8 general election can drop them off at public libraries around the county.
And the San Diego County Registrar of Voters office in Kearney Mesa will be open for early voting from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, including next Saturday and Sunday, in the run-up to the election.
- Voter Guide to San Diego and California Races in Nov. 8 General Election
- Voter Guide to California and San Diego Propositions in Nov. 8 Election
County elections officials have been encouraging voters to sign-up for mail ballots and return them early because there are so many items to vote on. The last day to request a mail ballot from the registrar is Tuesday.
A two-card ballot is being used for the first time in San Diego County. Because of the size of the ballot, postage costs 67 cents to mail them back.
“More than 60 percent of county voters use mail ballots and that number continues to rise,” said Registrar Michael Vu. “It’s convenient for the voter, it helps with the timely return of mail ballots and decreases the high volume of voters dropping off mail ballots at polling places on Election Day.”
The library locations are:
- San Diego, North Park Library, 3795 31st St.
- San Diego, Pacific Beach Library, 4275 Cass St.
- San Diego, Scripps Miramar Ranch Library, 10301 Scripps Lake Drive
- San Diego, Valencia Park/Malcolm X Library, 5148 Market St.
- Carlsbad, 1775 Dove Lane
- Chula Vista, Civic Center Library, 365 F St.
- Chula Vista, Otay Ranch Library, 2015 Birch Road
- Coronado, 640 Orange Ave.
- El Cajon, 201 E. Douglas Ave.
- Encinitas, 540 Cornish Drive
- Escondido, 239 S. Kalmia St.
- Fallbrook, 124 S. Mission Road
- 4S Ranch, 10433 Reserve Drive
- Imperial Beach, 847 Encina Ave.
- La Mesa, 8074 Allison Ave.
- Poway, 13137 Poway Road
- Ramona, 1275 Main St.
- Santee, 9225 Carlton Hills Blvd.
- San Marcos, 2 Civic Center Drive
- Solana Beach, 157 Stevens Ave.
- Spring Valley, 836 Kempton St.
- Vista, 700 Eucalyptus Ave
Ballots can also be dropped off at the Carlsbad Alga Norte Community Park, 6565 Alicante Road; Oceanside Civic Center, 300 N. Coast Highway; and the Registrar of Voters Office, 5600 Overland Ave. in San Diego.
City News Service contributed to this article.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: