“With fewer than 48 hours left before your scheduled adjournment and just ten legislative work days left in the fiscal year, this body has yet to act on many of the nation’s most pressing needs. Adjourning for five weeks with so much left to do is irresponsible and a disservice to the families we represent,” the letter said.
The letter cited seven pieces of critical legislation:
- Federal budget for the 2015 fiscal year beginning Oct. 1
- Comprehensive immigration reform
- Re-authorization of the Export-Import Bank
- Funding for wildfire relief
- Changes to the 1965 Voting Rights Act
- Paycheck Fairness Act
Peters represents the 52nd district, which covers much of central San Diego County including Poway, Coronado, and large portions of the City of San Diego.