Should San Diegans approve a 6 percent hotel-room tax to pay for a downtown football stadium and Convention Center project? Should the county’s five congressional incumbents be returned to Washington?
And how about City Council, school board and special district elections all over the region?
Why let the media pundits have all the fun? You can have your say with an opinion piece in Times of San Diego, which reached 2.3 million people in 2015.
We invite candidates, their supporters and advocates/critics of state and local ballot measures to share their best reasoned thoughts with our readers.
The ground rules:
- Send you essays or letters to Times of San Diego Editor and Publisher Chris Jennewein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions must not exceed 500 words and are subject to editing — for style, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Essays or letters should identify a single candidate or measure for support or opposition and give evidence to back up your stance.
- You may submit a photo of yourself or your candidate.
- Please include your phone number (which won’t be published) in case we need to verify information.
Times of San Diego is an independent, online news site covering the fifth-most populous county in the United States. We welcome views from all sides.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: