The blood drive is part of San Diego Cares, a campaign to keep hospitals well-stocked throughout the holiday season as well as cold and flu season.
According to the blood bank, donations tend to slow in November and December because donors travel more and are busy with holiday plans. Consequently, blood supply levels at local hospitals and medical centers can fall to critically low levels.
County residents can donate blood at any of these six blood drive locations:
- SDCCU Encinitas branch at 501 N. El Camino Real
- SDCCU Operations Center branch at 6545 Sequence Dr.
- SDCCU San Marcos branch at 790 W. San Marcos Blvd.
- SDCCU Santee branch at 286 Town Center Parkway
- SDCCU Sports Arena branch at 3455 Sports Arena Blvd.
- SDCCU Vista branch at 1475 W. Vista Way
The blood drive will begin at 10 a.m. at all six locations. The San Diego Cares campaign runs through Jan. 15.
— City News Service
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: