Money-saving deals — including seasons passes at $26 a person — are available in the days leading up to the San Diego County Fair, opening Friday.
Presented by Albertsons/Vons, the fair runs 26 days through July 4 with this year’s theme “Where the West is Fun” at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. The fair is closed Mondays (except July 3) and the first three Tuesdays.
Deals available this week:
- Season “Best Pass Ever” passes for $26 (valid all 26 days of the fair) are sold at Albertsons and Vons through June 1 or online or at the fair box office.
- Value Pack, $74 for four admission tickets, 20 ride coupons, drink coupons, coupon book and one parking pass if purchased online through June 1.
- Ride Lovers’ Pack, $45 for admission, 50 ride coupons and a drink coupon.
- Ride Coupon Sheets, $16 for 25 ride coupons, sold online through June 1.
- Game coupon sheets, $12 for 20 games, sold online through June 1.
- Packages will be on sale June 2-July 4 only through Ticketmaster. Price does not include Ticketmaster fees.
- Military Free Day on Opening Day, June 2. Military ID card holders may pick up two complimentary tickets per ID card at base ticket offices. Appropriate ID is active duty, reservists, military retirees, dependents and Department of Defense employees.
- $5 Fair Days on June 2 (gates open at 4 p.m.), June 3 (gates open at 10 a.m.) and June 7 (Gates open at 11 a.m.) Tickets may only be purchased at Albertsons or Vons with a $10 minimum purchase. These tickets won’t be sole at the fair.
Other discounts offered throughout the fair include:
- Pay-One-Price Ride Days, June 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 21 and 22 offer people the chance to ride as much as they want in the Fun Zone or the Kids Zone for $38. Buy a wristband at any Fun Zone or Kids Zone ticket booth above listed day, or buy a voucher online at any time and redeem the voucher for a wristband when you get to the fair. On certain “Online Only” days early in the Fair, you must buy your voucher online.
- Group sales: Groups can choose from 17 ticket options, including the Unlimited Fair Admission ticket. Groups also can buy discounted tickets for the fair’s Toast of the Coast Wine Festival, San Diego International Beer Festival and Distilled Spirits & Cocktail Festival.
- Kids’ Day: Tuesday, June 27, All kids 12 and younger are admitted free on this day; on other fair days, kids 6-12 pay $11 for admission.
- Unemployment Day, June 14. Those who are are currently unemployed can receive two free admission tickets on Wednesday, June 14. Present a current EBT card or form dated no earlier than July 1, 2016, at the Will Call booth at the O’Brien Gate.
- College Day, June 9: College and university students for $10 or an admission and ride sheet package for $26 which includes 25 ride coupons. Students need to present their college or university photo ID at the box office window to get these deals. These discount tickets and packages are available only at the fair’s box office only on the day of the event.
- School Staff Appreciation Days, June 16, June 23 and June 30. Teachers and school staff can go to any San Diego County Mission Federal Credit Union branch starting June 1, present their school employment ID, teaching credentials or pay stub, and receive four $5 admission vouchers to the fair. These vouchers enable school employees to buy admission tickets on School Staff Appreciation Days, valid for any age, for $5. While supplies last.
- Discount coupons available at O’Reilly’s Auto Parts store in San Diego County to pick up your coupon for two weekday adult admission tickets for $24.00, a discount of $6 per ticket. There’s a limit of two coupons per in-store visit per customer. While supplies last.
- Children’s Reading Discount: Kids up to age 12 can get a free day at the San Diego County Fair if they read 10 age-appropriate books and have that verified by their teacher or librarian. Download and print the Reading Certificate, print the name of each book you read, and give the certificate to your teacher or librarian to sign. Then on the day you want to come to the fair, bring the certificate and show it at the entry gate for admission.
- Single-Day discounts: Albertsons and Vons store are selling adult admission tickets for $15, a $3 discount, and senior and child admission tickets for $11.