County of San Diego offices, libraries and animal shelters will be closed Monday in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
County parks, campgrounds, and neighborhood day-use parks will all be open during normal business hours with only the following facilities closed:
- Spring Valley Community Center
- Fallbrook Community Center
- Lakeside Community Center
- Spring Valley Gym
- Lakeside and Spring Valley Teen Centers/REC Clubs
- 4S Ranch Sports Park office
In the city of San Diego, all offices will be closed.
Recreation areas will have the following hours:
- All City pools will be open from noon to 4 p.m.
- Chollas Lake will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Golf courses and starter booths will be open normal hours. Holiday rates will apply.
- Most cultural attractions in Balboa Park will be open, including museums and outdoor gardens. All public buildings in the park will be closed including: Balboa Park Activity Center, Botanical Building, Casa del Prado, Municipal Gym and War Memorial Building
- Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center will be open with normal hours
- The Robb Field Skate Park (Ocean Beach), Rancho Peñasquitos Skate Park, Carmel Valley Skate Park, Bill and Maxine Wilson Skate Park (702 South 30th St.), and the Charles L. Lewis III Memorial Skate Park (6610 Potomac St.) will be open
- The Miramar Landfill will be on its normal schedule, from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Self-haul customers not allowed after 4 p.m.)
- Parking meters, time restrictions for parking on streets and yellow zones within the City of San Diego will not be enforced. Red, white and blue zones are still enforced every day. Parking rules on Port property and in different cities may vary so please read signage provided
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: