Ever wonder where your highway dollars go? The state Department of Transportation released an update about ongoing traffic projects throughout San Diego County for the week of March 16.
The projects range from trash removal and landscape work to resurfacing and structure repairs. For the full list, see Caltrans’ “What We Have Done for You Lately” feature.
Here are some highlights –
- Coronado: Structural Steel Paint Crew completed surface preparation on second portion of one span on the San Diego-Coronado Bridge. Work ongoing on third portion.
- Carlsbad: Repaired guardrail in the median on NB I-8 near the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station.
- Kearny Mesa: Maintenance removed litter from the median on I-15 from Friars Road to Clairemont Mesa Boulevard and from the right shoulder on NB and SB I-15 from I-8 to Miramar Road.
- Carlsbad: Located an irrigation break and stopped a water leak on NB I-5 between Leucadia and Encinitas. Repairs ongoing.
- Carlsbad: Removed litter on EB SR-78 from Mar Vista Drive to Rancho Santa Fe Drive and from Sycamore Avenue to Smilax Road.
- Pacific Highway: Weeded and spread mulch chips on NB SR-163 at I-8.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: