The foundation’s community scholarship program for the 2015-2016 school year offers awards ranging from $1,000 to $5,000.
The foundation is the largest scholarship provider in San Diego County outside the university systems. Last year, $2.5 million was awarded to more than 800 students.
Applications are being accepted online through Feb. 4. Scholarships are available for:
- Graduating high school seniors
- Undergraduate students at community colleges or four-year universities
- Graduate students
- Medical and professional school students
- Adult re-entry students
- Career/technical school students
- Teaching credential program students
Criteria for individual scholarships go beyond grade point average and include awards based on activities, gender, ethnicity and school district.
Founded in 1975, the San Diego Foundation manages more than $666 million in assets, more than half of which resides in permanent endowment funds that extend the impact of gifts to future generations.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: