As San Diego State University prepares to graduate nearly 9,300 students in ceremonies beginning next week, the university Wednesday signaled out five degree programs from hospitality to medical information that have been hot targets for employers.
The school said that nearly every graduate of these five programs has a job offer or an opportunity to continue their research:
- Hospitality — L. Robert Payne School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Engineering — Troops to Engineers SERVICE Program
- Construction management — J.R. Filanc Construction Engineering and Management Program
- Media — School of Journalism & Media StudiesMedical information —Bioinformatics and Medical Informatics Graduate Program
The university said the students in these five programs are distinguished by entrepreneurial spirit, leadership experience, internships and global perspective from studying abroad.
During the ceremonies on May 16 to 18, the university will confer the degrees on 9,271 degrees candidates as follows:
- 7,190 students will earn bachelor’s degrees from one of SDSU’s eight colleges
- 2,138 graduate students will receive master’s degrees
- 111 graduate students will receive doctoral degrees
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: