The Easter suicide bombings across Sri Lanka that killed more than 200 people show no immediate connection to San Diego, but Police Chief David Nisleit said via Twitter, “in an abundance of caution, you will see extra patrols at houses of worship.”

San Diego Sheriff Bill Gore released a similar statement Sunday via Twitter, saying his department “will have extra patrols of churches today. We encourage pastors to reach out to us with any security concerns.”

Nisleit said in his late Saturday night tweet that his department is “communicating with our local, state and federal partners.”

The Department of Homeland Security said Sunday it’s not aware of any credible or active threats in the United States as of now. DHS Acting Secretary Kevin McAleenan said in a statement that the department is monitoring the situation and “doing all it can to protect the homeland from potential violent extremists.”

“DHS stands resolutely with persons of every faith who look to worship in safety and peace. We will continue our work with partners around the world to ensure that all are able to worship without fear,” the statement read.

Sunday’s attacks that were carried out as Christians in Sri Lanka turned out to celebrate Easter Mass. At least three churches were struck and reports indicate local hotels were also targeted.

The “coordinated terrorist attacks” were carried out by a single group and there are suspects in custody, according to police, but at press time no one has claimed responsibility. In addition to the more than 200 dead, reports indicate approximately 450 others were injured.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that several U.S. citizens were among the dead.

Locally, a woman walked into church services in Clairemont armed with a gun Sunday afternoon.

Churchgoers were able to wrest control of the weapon from the woman — who had a toddler with her at the time — and no one was hurt.

The first 911 call came in at 12:02 p.m. reporting the armed woman at the Mt. Everest Academy, on Mt. Everest Avenue north of Balboa Avenue, San Diego Police Sgt. Robert Hawkins said.

–Toni McAllister