A man sustained burn injuries Friday morning in the Logan Heights area when he sparked a fire while transferring fuel from one container to another, authorities said.
The blaze, reported at 7:18 a.m., was contained to the outside of the residence at 2242 Julian Ave., San Diego Fire-Rescue Department spokeswoman Monica Munoz said. The victim, in his 40s, suffered burn injuries and was taken to UCSD Medical Center as a trauma patient.
No other injuries were reported and no structures were damaged, Munoz said. Firefighters responded to another call for fire on the same block about half an hour later, but that report turned out to be only steam and no fire was found.
—City News Service
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: