A plug-in air freshener sparked a late-morning blaze that displaced four people Wednesday from their home near Shadowridge Country Club, a fire official said.
Golfers at the Vista resort reported seeing smoke from a neighborhood a short distance to the west about 9:45 a.m., said Ned Vander Pol, a deputy chief with the city fire department.
A contingent of 22 firefighters was able to contain the flames to the living room of the burning house in the 1900 block of Lemonwood Lane. While searching the premises for any victims, the personnel found a dog hiding under a bed, unharmed.
The American Red Cross was called in to help the residents of the damaged house — three adults and a child — arrange for temporary lodging, Vander Pol said.
Investigators set the monetary losses at roughly $30,000.
No injuries were reported.
— City News Service
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: