A gas leak in the Loma Portal neighborhood on Wednesday prompted authorities to shut down a street and evacuate those nearby.
The gas leak on Valeta Street, between Wordon Street and Famosa Boulevard, was reported around 8:15 a.m., according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department. A fire dispatcher said crews had made some evacuations, but it was not immediately known how many people were affected.
The 4000 block of Valeta Street was closed in both directions, according to San Diego police.
— City News Service
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: