Updated at 1 p.m., Dec. 22, 2014
A fire at a Clairemont-area duplex Monday displaced three people and killed a resident’s cat.
Firefighters were dispatched to the 4800 block of Clairemont Drive near Merrimac Avenue shortly before noon, according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.
A pet cat died in the fire, but four other felines and three dogs were not hurt, fire officials said.
The American Red Cross was called in to assist the unit’s three adult residents.
There was no immediate word on what sparked the blaze.
—City News Service
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: