A South Bay couple was overcome by carbon monoxide fumes at their home Thursday, apparently due to a faulty heater.
The wife made an emergency call shortly before 9:30 a.m. to report that her husband was unconscious and she was feeling disoriented, according to Chula Vista police.
Officers and medics went to the house in the 400 block of Del Mar Court and helped the man and woman, both in their 50s, escape the fumes, Lt. Eric Thunberg said.
An ambulance crew took the couple to a hospital. They were expected to recover, the lieutenant said.
A San Diego Gas & Electric technician dispatched to the residence told police a malfunctioning wall heater seemingly was to blame for the potentially deadly release of toxic vapors.
—City News Service
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: