Skyy De’Anthony Fisher. Photo courtesy of Compton Unified School District.

A Compton Unified School District trustee accused of committing a sex act on a  friend as he slept in a San Diego hotel room the two men were sharing must stand trial on a felony charge, a judge ruled Wednesday.

Skyy De’Anthony Fisher, 31, faces up to eight years in prison if convicted of oral copulation of an unconscious person, said Deputy District Attorney Lisa Fox.

The alleged victim, identified in court only as Steve, testified during a preliminary hearing that he met Fisher on Facebook and considered him to be a mentor.

He testified that last April, he invited Fisher on a trip to San Diego to celebrate spring break. The 26-year-old college senior testified that he and Fisher met up with two of the defendant’s friends and went to several clubs in the Gaslamp District, returning to their hotel room sometime after 1 a.m. on April 4.

The alleged victim said that once Fisher was asleep, he called a prostitute and had sex with her in the room. He said that at one point, Fisher got out of bed while the woman was there, but he pushed the defendant away.

Once the prostitute left, Steve said he fell asleep and was awakened by Fisher committing a sex act on him. He said Fisher stopped, got back in bed, and acted like he was sleeping.

The alleged victim testified that he hurriedly left the room and went downstairs to retrieve his car. Fisher came downstairs and acted like nothing happened, he said.

The alleged victim testified that he called police to report the assault, and Fisher later admitted what happened and apologized for his actions.

Fisher was arrested July 23.

The defendant was elected to the Compton Unified School Board of Trustees in 2011 and made headlines the following year after an obscenity-laden podcast interview in which he called Trayvon Martin “a faggot black dude.”

A number of parents joined the Compton branch of the NAACP and other organizations in calling for Fisher’s resignation. Fisher later apologized.

He will be back in court Dec. 17 for arraignment.

City News Service

Show comments