Guests were evacuated as firefighters extinguished a blaze that damaged a San Ysidro hotel room early Sunday.
The non-injury fire was reported shortly before 3:30 a.m. in a room on the back side of the Holiday Lodge at 672 E. San Ysidro Blvd., according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.
A fire dispatcher said the fire was accidental and started on a mattress in the room.
The damage was contained to the one hotel room, the dispatcher said.
–City News Service
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: