One person was hospitalized with injuries from an electrical fire Monday night at a Del Cerro grocery store.
NBC7 reported the victim was an electrician working on the main electrical box at the store and suffered an electric shock from an explosion which started the fire.
The contractor, who was working on a refrigerator electrical panel that blew up, was burned on his face and hands, according to a UT San Diego report.
The fire was knocked down in 40 minutes, and the extent of damage was not known, the dispatcher said.
–City News Service
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: