Ten local entrepreneurs seeking funding have been selected to pitch at Hera Fund’s inaugural “Hera Quick Pitch,” San Diego’s only all-female pitch event.
The finalists will pitch to a panel of judges in a room full of female angel investors on Thursday, May 21. The winners will receive cash prizes and in-kind services worth nearly $6,000, such as executive coaching and legal counsel.
The public is invited to attend the event, which will take place from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Hera Hub in Sorrento Valley at 4010 Sorrento Valley Blvd., Suite 400.
“We’re working to bridge the gap between female founders and funders,” says Dr. Silvia Mah, co-founder of Hera Fund. “This event provides a platform for brilliant women to showcase their businesses and establish concrete connections with local investors who share their vision for growth.”
More than 55 women entered the contest, with these 10 earning a spot in this year’s pitch-off.
- Summer Rogers of South Doctors
- Frances Prado and Dr. Melinda Silva of Hanging Secrets
- Delara Fadavi of Meego Tech
- Jenny Wu of EatSafe
- Ana Bermudez of TAGit
- Whitney Mullen of Soft Chomp
- Karen Weiss Kart of Prodigi Kids: Adi, the Stay-Put Plate
- Danielle Rowley of Performa Learning Inc. / Business English PLACE
- Lana Feng, Ph.D. of Personalized Diagnostics
- Caroline McCandless of CaroSoul
During the pitch-off, the women will have three minutes to present their business concept and answer questions. They have received mentoring from prominent female innovation mentors as well as pitch training.