Telework programs have proven benefits for both employers and employees, including increased productivity, improved employee retention, reduced demand for parking and office space, reduced stress associated with commuting, and improved job satisfaction, according to SANDAG. In addition, telework can benefit the region by reducing air pollution.
Employers chosen for the TeleworkSD pilot project will receive step-by-step assistance, including:
- One-on-one consultation from initiation to implementation
- Technology consultation about remote working arrangements
- Development of policies, procedures, and agreements
- Sample materials, case studies, and implementation kits
- Manager and employee training
- Evaluation guidelines and strategies
Applications to participate in the pilot program are due July 18. The project is expected to run through June 2015.
The San Diego Association of Governments is the regional planning agency for San Diego County and its 18 cities.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: