The MIP awards celebrate groundbreaking products launched within the last year as well as the San Diego region’s leading innovators.
Winners will be announced on Dec. 4 at CONNECT’s largest and most prestigious event, which attracts more than 700 of the region’s top business leaders, researchers and capital providers.
“Of all the awards programs that Nextivity participates in, the one we covet most is the MIP Award,” said Werner Sievers, CEO of Nextivity, which won awards in 2009 and 2013. “While being a repeat recipient of the award naturally evokes a strong sense of pride, it is truly humbling considering the caliber of innovation in San Diego.”
Nominations are being accepted through Aug. 15 in the following categories:
- Aerospace and security technologies
- Communications & IT
- Diagnostics and research tools
- Pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices
- Mobile apps
- Sport and active lifestyle technologies
There are three eligibility requirements:
- The product must have been developed in the San Diego or Baja California regions
- The product must have been first introduced between March 2013 and August 2014 and never nominated for this award before
- The product must have generated revenue from sales (except for free mobile apps)
CONNECT was founded in 1985 at UC San Diego to link inventors and entrepreneurs with the resources they need for success. Since then the organization has assisted in the formation and development of more than 3,000 companies.