Encinitas’ “Music by the Sea” concert series opens Friday with a group of saxophonists mixing contemporary works in with the classics.
The Zelos Quartet, with David Cortez, David Baker, Robin Lacey and Johnny Selmer, kick off the nine-show series, at 7:30 p.m.
The shows – at the Encinitas Library, combining ocean views with the entertainment – continue through June 2022.
Performances through the fall and winter include:
- Oct. 15 – Sophia Stoyanovich on the violin.
- Nov. 19 – “Tango to Opera,” with soprano Camila Lima and tenor Xavier Prado.
- Jan. 21 – Borisevich Duo, with Nikita Borisevich on violin, and Margarita Loukachkina on piano.
- Feb. 18 – Alexander Milovanov, on guitar, and Christopher Goodpasture on piano.
- March 18 – Tandru Trio, with Yasmina Spiegelberg on clarinet, cellist Javier Iglesias-Martin and pianist Katelyn Vahala.
Season passes cost $140. Admission to individual shows cost $20.