The San Diego Symphony’s annual Bayside Summer Nights outdoor concert series has more than a dozen concerts planned in August, from Burt Bacharach and Roger Daltrey to the ever-popular concluding 1812 Tchaikovsky spectacular.
All concerts during August start at 7:30 p.m. at Embarcadero Marina Park South. You can bring a blanket and eat your picnic on the lawn, or reserve chairs and even tables. Food service is available.
Here are the highlights of the series’ final month:
- Friday, Aug. 8 — Burt Bacharach with fireworks ending the performance
- Wednesday, Aug. 15 — Rock icon Roger Daltrey with members of The Who
- Friday, Aug. 17, and Saturday, Aug. 19 — A night of Gershwin featuring “An American in Paris” and “Porgy and Bess”
- Wednesday, Aug. 22 — Watch “Star Wars: A New Hope” with the symphony performing the score
- Thursday, Aug. 23 — Violinist Nora Germain, pianist Helen Sung, and Grammy-winner Dee Dee Bridgewater salute women in jazz
- Friday-Sunday, Aug. 31-Sept. 2 — The 1812 Tchaikovsky spectacular led by Associate conductor Sameer Patel ends the series
This year, the Bayside Summer Nights series includes Flamingo Fridays, with lower ticket prices, happy hour drink specials, pre-concert entertainment, giveaways and gifts.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: