The San Diego Symphony announced Monday a diverse lineup for its 2018 Bayside Summer Nights concert series, with artists including Patti LaBelle, Megan Hilty, Rick Springfield and Clint Black in concert with the symphony orchestra
The annual summer concert series takes place on the Embarcadero Marina Park South, one of the most beautiful settings in America.
This 10-week season begins with the patriotic Star Spangled Pops on June 29 and 30, and July 1, and concludes with a bang at the 1812 Tchaikovsky Spectacular on Aug. 31, and Sept. 1 and 2.
“Our Bayside Summer Nights concert series is quintessential summer in San Diego. We offer the sights and sounds for the perfect summer evening, pairing stunning bay and downtown views with an incredible range of music — patriotic, 80s favorites, Motown, jazz and classical favorites — there truly is something for everyone,” said Martha Gilmer, CEO of the symphony.
This year concert-goers can order table-side food service in the Champagne seating section by Behind The Scenes — a leading catering and events company. Guests may also pre-order gourmet meals, fresh salads, burgers, sandwiches, desserts and snacks from concessions. The food options are paired with a wine menu and assortment of craft brews.
The calendar includes:
- Star-Spangled Pops — Friday, June 29, Saturday, June 30, and Sunday, July 1
- America’s Birthday with Clint Black — Wednesday, July 4
- Megan Hilty — Friday, July 6, and Saturday, July 7
- Arturo Sandoval — Thursday, July 12
- Rick Springfield — Friday, July 13, and Saturday, July 14
- Godfathers of Latin Jazz: A Salute to Dizzy Gillespie and Chano Pozo — Thursday, July 26
- Marc Cohn and The Blind Boys of Alabama — Friday, July 27
- Patti Labelle — Saturday, July 28
- Beethoven by The Bay — Sunday, July 29
- Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire in Concert — Saturday, Aug. 4, and Sunday, Aug. 5
- Bird on The Bay: A Charlie Parker Tribute Feat with Charles Macpherson — Thursday, Aug. 9
- West Side Story — Friday, Aug. 10
- Hooray for Hollywood! — Saturday, Aug. 11
- Pablo Montero — Sunday, Aug. 12
- Chicago The Musical – Live in Concert — Friday, Aug. 17, and Saturday, Aug. 18
- Robert Randolph and The Family Band — Sunday, Aug. 19
- Ladies Who Jam: Women in Jazz — Thursday, Aug. 23
- The Four Tops + The Temptations — Friday, Aug. 24, and Saturday, Aug. 25
- 1812 Tchaikovsky Spectacular — Friday, Aug. 31, Saturday, Sept. 1, and Sunday, Sept. 2
All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m.. Gates open at 6 p.m. Fireworks conclude most Friday and Saturday night concerts, and also Sunday nights at the Star Spangled Pops and 1812 Tchaikovsky Spectacular.
Single Ticket prices will range from $18 to $95 and go on sale Sunday, April 29.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: