The Jan. 11 show is vaudeville-like comedy with a mix of song and stand-up that lampoons America’s modern political leaders, taking on the major issues of the day and sharing songs from the group’s newest album. Among the songs:
- “Scaramucci the Moocher” (to the tune of “Minnie the Moocher”)
- “Small Hands” (sung by Melania, to the Pointer Sisters’ “Slow Hand”)
- “Tweet Tweet” (to the tune of “Rockin’ Robin,” inspired by the President’s tweetstorms)
- “Don’t Know Much About History” (with Betsy DeVos crooning “Don’t know much about history… Don’t know much biology”)
- “Putin on the Blitz,” based on “Puttin’ on the Ritz,” in which Vladimir explains his philosophy on asserting power (“…Russian force I must assert – Don’t make me take off my shirt – You’ll say ‘tsk tsk’ – Putin is a risk…”)
The Washington, DC-based troupe was founded 35 years ago by Congressional staffers, but now relies on musical theater professionals.
The 90-minute show begins at 7 p.m. at the historic theater at 121 Broadway in downtown San Diego. Tickets are $39 to $59 at Spreckels.net.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: