Artists will gather in Old Town this weekend for “Mercardo del Sol.”
The event, hosted by Bazaar del Mundo, will offer visitors jewelry, clothing and home décor from a dozen local artists.
Visiting artists include:
- Kim Yubeta with the latest in her collection of “treasure” necklaces
- Dan Dee Silk, local silk artists creating scarves, ruanas and jackets
- Hang Accessories, local traveling bags and accessories company
- Ilanit Shalev, local artist combining glass and leather into one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces
- Cynthia Rodriguez with a collection of bright, trendy jewelry and other accessories
- Krista Lee, a popular collection of beautifully embroidered and embellished tunics
- Mad Art Studios, local glass artists Rina and Michael Maddy creating vibrant vases, paperweights, perfume bottles
Guests can also expect summer refreshments such as margaritas and Mexican fruit cups.
The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday.
Here are some other events happening this weekend:
Hullabaloo at Children’s Discovery Museum
Have little ones? Celebrate the start of the weekend with a concert by Hullabaloo at the San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum. The popular children’s band will perform from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday with the museum opened for extended hours. Guests can also expect food, and wine and beer.
San Diego Beer & Music Festival
The ultimate craft beer experience is taking place this weekend. The San Diego Beer & Music Festival, which takes place on Saturday, will feature more than 100 craft beers. Performing bands include Linkedin Park, a tribute band to Linkin Park, and Sega Genecide, a 90s cover band. Ticket prices range from $35 to $60.
Celebrate the power of a woman with She Fest, a female-centric event that recognizes diversity. The event, which will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., will feature live music, workshops and activities. The event takes place in North Park.
Margarita Madness 5K
Love your margaritas? Celebrate the drink (and have some to drink) at the Margarita Madness 5K this Saturday. The event, which takes place at Liberty Station, is a fun run that includes a margarita-theme after party. The race is $40.
Do you have an event for the Weekend Guide? Email it to email@example.com.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: