Organizers of the San Diego Mainly Mozart classical music festival announced Tuesday a $3 million fundraising campaign.

Members of the organization’s Leadership Circle have already raised two-thirds of the total by pledging $25,000 each, annually over the next five years.

A Mainly Mozart concert. Photo courtesy Mainly Mozart

Mainly Mozart hopes to raise $1 million in the public phase of the Music for the Ages campaign. Those who offer to match or exceed the $25,000 annual contribution will become Leadership Circle members.

“I am proud to be part of this group that has created a fantastic momentum in the early stages of this campaign,” Board of Directors President Jack McGrory said. “Now we look forward to members of the community joining in with their support.”

Last year, the San Diego Mainly Mozart Festival drew over 11,000 attendees to 44 events in its 25th season, according to the organizers.

“Public participation in our Music for the Ages campaign will make a crucial difference in helping to ensure that future generations of concert- goers experience, embrace, and enjoy performances, collaborative presentations, and education programs by Mainly Mozart,” said festival Executive Director Nancy Laturno Bojanic.

They said Mainly Mozart has 26 concerts and events planned over the next three weeks.

— City News Service

Show comments