We take our cellphones with us everywhere — from the gym to the bathroom to dinner — and along with them any bacteria and viruses they may have picked up.
Viruses are known to live on inanimate objects like phones, particularly during cooler months. With the United States experiencing what the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention rank as a “severe” flu season, it’s essential to keep your phone, not to mention yourself, germ free.
Here are six tips from AT&T in San Diego :
- Sanitize your smartphone. If you think it has been contaminated, disinfect it using a wrung-out disinfectant wipe, or spray a paper towel with disinfectant and wipe.
- Try using a Bluetooth device or other hands-free headset, minimizing your keypad-to-face exposure.
- Don’t use your phone in a restroom.
- Wash your hands frequently. Use a hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
- Stay away from the already sick, and don’t let them use your phone.
- Avoid the flu entirely by getting vaccinated.
Find more information about the flu at the CDC’s website.