Ex-NFL tight end Kellen Winslow II, who is awaiting trial on charges of raping two women in Encinitas and raping an unconscious teenage girl, is being held without bail on newly filed misdemeanor charges related to alleged lewd conduct with a 77-year-old woman at a Carlsbad gym.
Winslow, who had been out of custody on $2 million bail in connection with his felony case, is accused of touching himself and asking the woman if she liked it on Feb. 13, then groping her while she was in a hot tub at the same gym on Feb. 22, according to police and prosecutors.
The 35-year-old son of former San Diego Chargers legend Kellen Winslow, who’s being held at the Vista Detention Facility, pleaded not guilty Monday to a pair of lewd conduct counts and one count each of elder abuse and battery of an elder.
He faces life in prison if convicted in the felony case, which involves allegations that he raped a 17-year-old girl in 2003 at a home in Scripps Ranch; lured a 54-year-old transient — who was hitchhiking — into his Hummer for a ride, then raped her on March 17, 2018; and that he raped a 59- year-old homeless woman on May 13, 2018, then threatened to kill her if she told anyone.
He appeared in a Vista courtroom Tuesday on a defense motion to dismiss the felony complaint, in which he’s charged with kidnapping, forcible rape and rape of an unconscious person. A judge denied the request with the exception of one kidnapping count, finding insufficient evidence that the victim was transported under force or fear prior to the alleged rape.
Deputy District Attorney Dan Owens said that he will seek to have the misdemeanor counts consolidated into the main case during Winslow’s next court hearing on March 29.
Winslow II grew up in San Diego and attended the University of Miami. He played for four NFL teams between 2004 and 2013.
Updated at 2:55 p.m. March 5, 2019
— City News Service