One development in the aftermath of President Trump’s victory in November is a big increase in donations to nonprofits championing liberal political causes.
Charity Navigator, which evaluates charities for people making donations, released the following ranking of donations made through its site during Trump’s first 100 days versus the same period in 2016.
- American Civil Liberties Union — Up 8,000 percent
- Southern Poverty Law Center — Up 1,400 percent
- Planned Parenthood — Up 1,000 percent
- American Refugee Committee — Up 645 percent
- Environmental Defense Fund — Up 500 percent
Charity Navigator said giving was not up across all social-action categories, with donations to some health and disease organizations flat or down slightly.
The rankings are based on donations by more than 10 million people who clicked on a “Donate To This Charity” button on CharityNavigator.org from Jan. 20, 2017, to April 20, 2017, compared to the same period a year earlier.