Mayor Kevin L. Faulconer officially launched his reelection campaign and opened his campaign headquarters on Saturday afternoot.
Support Times of San Diego's growth
with a small monthly contribution
This event took place at 3990 Hicock Street near downtown San Diego at 1 p.m, said media representative Francis Barraza. Supporters of Faulconer’s re-election gathered around the new headquarters with blue campaign signs.
The mayor’s campaign will continue to uphold the message of “One San Diego.” The goal of this is to create a unified city with an inclusive city government, said Barraza. His aim is to bring San Diego together and restore a spirit of integrity to city hall.
In the past two years, Barraza says Faulconer has the following major accomplishments:
- Directed 50 percent of newly available funding toward neighborhood improvements
- Doubled the miles of streets repaired on an annual basis
- Improved emergency response times to give faster support in less privileged communities
- Hired the first female police chief in San Diego history
- Increased the hours that libraries and recreation centers are open to the highest level in the past decade
- Created a year-round homeless shelter to provide a safe place for families and veterans
- Supported the growth and expansion of innovative companies and businesses
- Implemented a customer-service attitude in the city government’s public relations
Several members of City Council appeared at his re-election campaign launch, including Lorie Zapf, Mark Kersey and Scott Sherman.
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: