A fire sparked by a faulty electrical box damaged a house in Escondido and displaced two residents, authorities reported Tuesday.
The non-injury blaze was reported around 6:20 p.m. Monday on Summit Drive near Mary Lane, south of state Route 78, San Diego County Sheriff’s Sgt. Aloha Peters said.
The fire started in the attic and burned down portions of the roof before firefighters knocked down the flames within 20 minutes, according to the Escondido Fire Department.
The American Red Cross was called in to help the two displaced residents arrange for interim lodging.
Investigators found that an electrical box was the cause of the fire, Peters said.
— City News Service
>> Subscribe to Times of San Diego’s free daily email newsletter! Click hereFollow Us: